Jelco sa 750e

Hi,

I have a Lencol75 that’s mounted in a corian plinth so the Jelco is drilled thru with no arm board.

spindle to pivot is 240mm

does anyone know a better tone arm that would have that 240mm so I could mount it in the same location?

that seems to be my only option.

Thanks for you info and time.

52tiger

Jelco's are well made plus very versatile judging by the cart/head-shell combinations people report using that replacing it without making a lateral move is going to be difficult. Osage Audio sells Sorane with recommendation for medium to low compliance carts but spindle to pivot distance does not match 240mm.

@noromance I would be interested in your opinion or review of a 750 with Ammonite mounting collar if you ever have to switch back over to your 750.

@jeffrey75 I have a 750L 12" with Ammonite collar and Expressimo brass stub and counterweight on a Garrard 401. Not much to say other than it’s great. It’s not as good as the 850 though. I will say that the better the turntable, the better the arm performs. In other words, the 750 and more specifically, the 850 sounds a lot better on my higher spec main 401 than on my second 401.

What’s the different specs?

I’ve never had the opportunity to listen to a Garrard but really like the Lenco

its on a ptp4 and corian base with heavy platter