Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano

On the opposite i like discussion...but you never answer to my musical choices post... you wanted to BULLY me and BAN my posts...And bully everyone who are not a fanatic...

But  we  cannot discuss with someone who throw one sentence insinuations , for example: pacifism as synonym to be a traitor...

Then truth is the opposite of what you say , it is you who insinuate or bully in one line sentence instead of discussing...Anyway stupid assertion like the ban of an entire culture cannot be discussed rationally for sure...Then insinuations are your tool...

And here it is a MUSICAL thread...Like i said ask others people and if they think like you two about me and Russian composers i will be glad to go out DEFINITIVELY of this thread... But speaking is easier than walking the words...Insinuating easier than speaking rationally...

Then i will correct YOU..

SOMEONE HERE DONT LIKE TO BE BULLY...for the stupidest reason especially... The nusic of Scriabin or Feinberg has nothing to do with this war at all...

Any children can understand that... Why not you?

Dont answer, any mature mind can also know why....

I am polite and i like to discuss but bully me and i will answer...

@jim5559 Someone doesn’t like being spoken back to eh Len.

@mahgister I certainly do not insinuate I tell it as it is and if that is in one sentence then that is the way I am so please do not chide me for that. I do not partake in your musical contributions because I do not like You Tube clips because the quality is awful and also because some of the people the people you choose to highlight are not the type of people I care to listen to and if I did respond you would then be saying that I am getting at you for listing it. So be aware I list the truth as I see it and if you do not like it then as they say over here in Scotland "That's tough"

Dont put the pathetic claim you wrote what you wrote because you dont listen youtube here where you haunted all youtube suggestions and comment them ...

Dont put excuse and pretense in the place of apology and dont claim to the " truth" for yourself and everyone ...

And dont excuse yourself or someone like the other Jim about an act which is irrational like bannning Russian music and promoting hate ...

"so be aware i list the truth as i see it and if you dont like it then as they say in Quebec "that’s EASY"....Swallow it...

No more comment...

@mahgister I certainly do not insinuate I tell it as it is and if that is in one sentence then that is the way I am so please do not chide me for that. I do not partake in your musical contributions because I do not like You Tube clips because the quality is awful and also because some of the people the people you choose to highlight are not the type of people I care to listen to and if I did respond you would then be saying that I am getting at you for listing it. So be aware I list the truth as I see it and if you do not like it then as they say over here in Scotland "That’s tough"

Because we need peace and reason, and not hate or propaganda...

I will suggest an interesting piece of choral music...

He was the first Russian composer appointed to the Tsar court in 1779  for music after studying in Italia...

His music is an ocean of grace and novelty , a perfect cross between italian splendour and Orthodox interiority....

I put the version here i like the most: