Mitigating the Bubble

Today after many years of trials and tribulations I have mitigated a sonic aberration a horizontal phase anomaly in my center stage.  While the center image was always stable and outlined it seemed narrow and bubble like and I would need to shift my body angle to really lock in the image. This was obvious on many CDs and LPs .

I have many man made fixes that helped the situation but never a total cure. Some of these are now permanent fixtures on the ceiling in 2 different locations. I made my own acoustic panels filled with long hair sheep's wool and 3 Argent Room Lenses.  I have laminar flow lenses that focus and stabilize the image across the front stage. I have built and treated an acoustic fan that overcomes the  boundaries with in my room by reducing interference. I have loaded my speaker cabinets 3 times with new drivers and now an outboard crossover. This was after my Essence 30s speakers and my Dunlavy SC4s.  ..All my components are hard mounted and direct coupled to the floor...on rock solid racks and speaker stands, custom mono bloc amps each on their own stand. All of these devices and angles and positions made the image wider and more focused but I still had that little  bubble and shift before me. Always less annoying with each new device and tweak.

So, your probably saying to yourself hurry up and get to the end. The end finally arrived today after having applied a contact enhancer 7 days ago to just 6 RCA ends out of many connections in my system.  Today with a friend who has been here a hundred times sitting in the Chair playing the same music as usual he said there was a wider sweet spot. I despise that term but he said it and not me.What we both heard was a super stable center image that was a few feet wide and not just one. The bubble was gone. The head in the vise was gone.  Off came the straight jacket and helmet. What I have now in this space intime is a glorious fully extended soundstage with all the meat on the bones and the features of talking heads on a real live performance stage. 

I have probably used eight different contact enhancers over five decades but this one blows my mind. This product  Nano Flo is the ultimate in transparency. 

Tom 

theaudiotweak

Incoming questions from all sides.

Last first..Yes clean off all the pretreated areas before you apply a new material.

And yes, I think Krissy was taken advantage of because of her good nature and engaging personality and her kind relationship with many of us on Audiogon. That man used her as a market resource to actually test the product and to test its market acceptance in the audio field. Before he went full bore with the ramp up to production product rate. After the market reception he made the decision that she was no longer needed.... because of all the public statements made by me and all of you...He can just copy and paste the glowing words into his own lingo and print copy. 

A transverse wave is a shear wave and common to all EM waves which are the start of all thing's audio. The the outer wound filaments are wound around a solid core. So, whether it is a solid core or twisted pairs or even Litz the wave starts as a transverse wave. Now if the treatment of the wire with a nano conductive material makes for an audible difference on a vibrating string, I don't know first-hand. It very well could make for an improvement in the conductive surface area by filling in the material voids reducing friction and building a smoother highway. The shear component would affect the attack and decay of the material and the resulting sound would be affected. Less friction between strands or wire rubbing together and kind of banging around at each other which generates more shear. Also less friction could also make for a longer lasting string. Some cello sets cost up to $290.00 and last up to 6 months if they are played hours a day..

What I do know first hand is this nano treatment makes an audible  difference on all my contacts and wire which all work on the same EM principles. 

Electromagnetic waves are transverse waves. That means the electric and magnetic fields change (oscillate) in a plane that is perpendicular to the direction of propagation of the wave.

And so the sound from your speaker starts as a EM wave. Transverse WAVE. Shear Wave as it travels the tensile leads to the voice coil and making the cone motion become a compression wave. But that motion also has a shear component to it..and part of that shear wave can create interference, more shear upon collision with other waves and other solids. WE hear these collisions of shear because the air comes in contacts with these solid surfaces in motion...We hear these improvements, a reduction in shear collisions as a sound as less confused and with greater continuity and purity ...Cleaner more transparent less noise. Add your own adjectives. Hear.    Tom 

@nano-flo \

Its food Grade so its safe for the skin. No need for gloves.

Hi again.  Could you let us know which independent testing agency has performed the necessary tests to make this determination?  It would be great if you could post the results on your website, wherever that is.

If they know the ingredients their would be no need, requirement or benefit to submit to outside testing by lab, agency, or government entity to determine, establish, or confirm the ingredients.

@theaudiotweak

May I please publicly acknowledge and commend the tone and content of your posts. In each post, you have been patient, kind and constructive. Kudos to you as you are a gentleman. While I have never used anything beyond deoxit years ago, you have been forthright in your stated goals as I see it. Now, to your paragraph about how Krissy was treated, incidentally whom I’ve never met, I appreciate you writing briefly about the apparent chronology as you see it based on the information you have at hand.

I am appalled but not surprised that people do this to another. Since I have never had business dealings with her, I can only speak to how this episode appears to have gone down. Its none of my (our) business what Chris @nano-flo chooses to do with their business but it IS our right to vote with our feet/checkbooks. I would not do business with someone who treated another in this manner. At a minimum, there should be compensation YESTERDAY to Krissy for her time and materials to date. Its cool to want to go in another direction, its not cool to ask someone who has worked hard to establish a niche to be used and discarded for personal gain. She appears to have been used to perform the proof of concept at her expense and then discarded. If someone does choose to purchase from Nano-flo, do so with the knowledge that money back guarantees are only as good as the word of the person making the promise. Additionally, the only presence Chris has on Audiogon has been established this month on this thread. If someone does do business with Nano-flo, I hope the Audiogon community remains very careful around any individual who joins the community for the sole and instantaneous marketing of a product for profit who treats others in this manner and has thus far been unwilling to back up promises with proof.

Krissy, we don’t know one another but I’m sorry when anyone is treated as you apparently have been. Best wishes to you. Tom, best wishes to you as well. Chris, you may have gotten out over your skis a bit too far. Its lonely at the top, its lonelier at the bottom and lubing a bridge doesn’t make you an audio manufacturer worthy of support. I, for one, pray for your continued silence in every way.

@theaudiotweak

And yes, I think Krissy was taken advantage of because of her good nature and engaging personality and her kind relationship with many of us on Audiogon.  That man used her as a market resource to actually test the product and to test its market acceptance in the audio field.

All of us who have dealt with Krissy have a lot of praise for her.  Are you are telling us that this Chris, who I will not even bother to give my opinion on for fear of getting the moderators on me, is the individual who used her not just originally when her significant other died but again now?

I don't understand what you get out of helping this guy here?  Do you believe that the increase in sound quality from this product (if any) is worth just ignoring that the purchase is from someone who screwed over Krissy twice?????