Sub's for Magenpan 3,7

Hi
I have a pair magenpan 3.7 I thinking of adding a couple of subs, I have a Weiss 202 dac Pass Labs 350.5 amp,what should I been looking for in a sub and how do I intergrate them into the system wiring, do I need a pre-amp?I never done this in two channel system before, so all comments welcome
k_rose
I had 2 REL Stentors for several years but had reliability issues so went to a JL Audio sub that was quicker and went deeper and have never looked back!

(dealer disclaimer)
Hi. I have 3.7 and HT and happy to explain how I integrated Velodyne dd+15 sub in no problems. [email protected]
Iam currenty using Mye stands change the fuses and using vahalla jumpers, I strugling to be happy.Tb subs have come up on my search any comments,I am loss and struggling to get these to sound there best.Podeschi I will send you a PM thanks for that.
Hi K. Rose,

Sounds like a great setup. Getting a good sub to mate with the Magnepans is critical. I would suggest you think of three options:

1) REL: I echo the sentiments of many that you should audition REL's offerings

2) If you are looking used, I would highly recommend Revel Performa B15 or B15a subs. I personally own the B15 and it is an amazing, tight, and fast sub. But, it's big with a 15" woofer.

3) JL Fathom. I hear this sub a few months ago when I auditioned a pair of Wilson Sasha speakers. The sub lives up to all the reviews.

I know there are likely plenty of other good subs out there, but having auditioned Maggies myself, these are the three subs that I think will be real winners in the setup.
Magnepan now has woofers try a pair of the DWMs
they will work great.
Were you awear of these being available?
JohnnyR
Magnepan dealer