Sota Sapphire VI Turntables with Origin Live tonearm

Does anybody have the newer version Sota Sapphire VI turntable with Origin Live tonearm? And do you know which Origin Live tonearm on it? 

I've heard this is one of best combos on the market and possibly looking to get one.  How do they sound ??

lnitm

I am fortunate enough to own a Cosmos Eclipse in bloodwood, has the vacuum option, the magnetic bearing, and the controller package. I put a SME V on it and have a Transfiguration Audio Proteus. It is a fine table, and is remarkably balanced sounding, superb spatial presentation, and dynamically expressive without sounding bombastic. It is a lovely table in every way, and I reserve it for my evening listening sessions.

I feel blessed to own a Scheu Audio Das Lauftwerk No2 with a couple of Dynavector DV505 arms installed. On one arm I keep a cartridge for casual listening times, and that is currently an Ortofon MC3000 MK II. On the second arm I have an Ortofon MC2000, that is also saved for those special listening sessions. My darkest secret is I love that combo as much as I do the SOTA, although both present music in a distinctly different manner. The resolution and fine detail of the MC2000 is top flight, and the bass response is still world class. If I were forced to chose between the two I don’t know how I would make that decision. Fortunately I do not have to do that.

@lnitm , Origin Live makes a decent tonearm but their reputation for customer service is pretty bad. There are many other fine tonearms that will fit on the Sapphire including the Audiomods Series 6, the Kuzma 4 Point 9, the Rega RB 3000 and the Schroder CB. You can not go wrong with a used SME IV or V.  If you supply the arm Sota will mount it for you. Don't forget to add a dustcover and a reflex clamp.

I had a Sapphire for 40 years and just sold it recently to a young audiophile. I have a Cosmos Vacuum now. The Sapphire will have slightly more resonance in its sub chassis so under certain circumstances it might not be quite as detailed. Without vacuum clamping pitch might not be quite as stable but if you use a reflex clamp it will be close. A good turntable should make no sound of it's own and it should block any vibration/sound in the environment from getting to the cartridge. There is no turntable anywhere near it's low price that does a better job than the Sapphire. Any of the arms mentioned above will do a fine job with any cartridge of medium compliance and can be made to work with low compliance cartridges by adding head shell weights. What the overall sound will be like depends on factors none of us can evaluate, the performance of your phono stage, amplifier, speakers and room.  Every system/room is different. You are the one who has to make it sound the way you want. It is the price you pay for being an audiophile. Rock On!

@tonywinga , is your Condor/Roadrunner in a single chassis? With three buttons?

If so are you having any trouble with the turntable switching speeds when you turn it on?

@mijostyn:  I did until I grounded the motor housing.  After playing a good 22 albums the speed has jumped to 45 rpm when I start it just one time and that was early on.  So I tend to think the ground wire helps.

Yes, I have the three buttons- (+) (-) and STBY.  I have the Roadrunner box next to the turntable.  The vacuum pump box and PSU sit about 6 feet away.  I can see the Condor controller mounted next to the motor under the motor cover.

I put the ground wire on one of the motor mounting screws and that goes to the star ground nut and then to the phono preamp ground.