Wyred 4 Sound - DAC2 DSD SE - Excellent upgrade

Wondering if anyone else has gone from the original DAC2 to the SE?

My experience has been entirely positive. Dramatically so.

I'm happy to elaborate - let me know.

Cheers, Rob
bezimienny
Thanks Audioman58, very good information. I currently have the Bryston BDP-2 Media Player/BDA-2 DAC that I amp happy with but the Wyred4sound DAC2 DSD SE has certainly perked my interest.
Hello I had the Bryston player and sold it and bought the AuralitiPK-90
With a Linear powersupply for $950 with better overall results.
I can play anything available in hires 64 or 128 DSD without the lock ups
You could sell your and have 1/2 the money for the dac also the card reader is 500 meg, the Bryston buffer is not even close.i was shocked
.bryston makes their $$ with displays and a fancy case that is worthless.
I would not say it unless I have been there done that. You run it from your IPad,or Droid why do I need a little glass window? Worthless .it is your money,do as you wish I am just telling it like it is.
well, the Bryston does look great in the rack. I will admit, that is kind of important to me. My setup sounds great, but like Bezimienny above, I too value smoothness. I have a lot of pop/rock recrodings (no hi rez stuff yet) and in most systems it is a challenge. Even though the reveiws talk about the Bryston making things more listenable, and that is true compared to most stuff out there, I still think there is room for improvement. So if I can get a DAC that is smooth without giving up to much of the other good stuff, that would be great. That is why the Wryed DAC2 DSD SE interest me. I am also interested in the Luxman DA 06 too. I would have to research the Auratliti PK 90 music server.
I own the Wyred for sound DSD-SE one thing it needs is the a Femto dac .
I sold the a Luxman 06 the Wyred is much better.parts quality in the SE
It here is a Nothing under $10k maybe more in this exclusive tolerance
Parts.femto clocks are the rave for the are literally 1,000s of time more accurate.there are dacs under $1000 using a Femto clock.
If you do buy a wyred dac Insist on a a Femto clock far less jitter then a pico clock. I am trying to get them to install one for MR the clock is less then $100 .this is the Only weakness in absolute terms, but still sounds
Excellent against any $5-6k dac. More so with a Febto clock. Pass the word around to anyone thinking about a new dac.the vega dacs parts are not as good ,but their Femto clock is.
One thing that bugs me No a Femto Clock.
Femto clock is in the Trillions most companies still in Stone Age pico second clocks which work in the a Millions of seconds
I saw a dac with a .085 Femto clock for $400 these clocks were $2-3000
Several years ago now under $50 each there is no reason what so ever to use a pico second master clock .the more accurate the clock ,the better the detail, resolution as well as refinement. I am trying to get a wyred 4 sound to put one in my SE model. All great parts but the clock,trying to use up old stock Ai guess but SE means the very best .if you buy One insist on
A a Femto clock ,my mistake learn from me .