New but old fashioned looking speakers…

I’m looking for a current model speaker with that “old fashioned” look.

Presently I own Tannoy’s Turnberry from their Prestige line. I like the look and sound quality of them a lot but need a “bigger” sound (bigger box/woofer) to fill a large room (25 X30 ft). I am considering moving up the Tannoy line to either the Yorkminster or Canterbury but they’re expensive and therefore I’m looking for alternatives to consider. These would mate up with my Conrad Johnson Premier components and Sota Star TT.

Anything that you would care to suggest would be much appreciated. Klipsch’s La Scala or Corner Horns would be examples.

Thank you!
rbschauman
Missioncoonery,

Thanks for the good word on the Tannoys – I always appreciate re-assurance that a purchase was a good one.

I'm running the Vandehul bi-wire to them because Tannoy states that Vandenhul wire was used internally on the Turnberry and I'm running 20' lengths due to an awkward arrangement. Two 20' lengths of higher end cable would cost many $$. I hate to compromise, but $$ is a limited resource for me.

Thank you for your response
Missioncoonery,

So sorry for having rushed through your post and misunderstanding “speaker lines” to be cable runs to speakers rather than your intended suggestion of considering other speakers.
Speakers from Quest for Sound, their SQ series speakers. And like Klipsch speakers should be very efficient. Plus would be tube friendly as well. Good hunting.
These are probably even more expensive than the Tannoys, but they are some of the coolest and most beautiful speakers that I have ever seen.

Vox Olympian Elysian

Check them out at
www.livingvoice.co.uk