Luxman 509X vs Mc452 + preamp

I am currently debating where to go with my system.  I have Martin Logan 11As, McIntosh MC452, Meridian 218 DAC/streamer, and a Marantz 8805.  Been using the 8805 as my HT and 2ch pre, but for obvious reasons I am disappointed with the overall sound.  Need to keep everything as one system for the time being for budget and space considerations.

Been considering either picking up up a 2ch preamp, possibly Audio Research or McIntosh, or just simplifying my life and moving to the Luxman 509X integrated.  Budget is a bit tight, was hoping to keep it around $3K, if keeping the MC452 and getting a pre.  If going the Integrated route I have more wiggle room since I can sell or trade in the MC452.

I tend to like things on the warmer, non-analytic, side but with detail.  I listen to almost all kinds of music, but where I like to see some improvement is in classical music with instrument separation, clarity, and crispness.  McIntosh tends to have a darker sound and I am thinking that pairing it with electrostats may not be doing the combination justice especially in the high frequencies.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks!

eziggy

@riaa_award_collectors_on_facebook I am with you, after experiencing the C900U/M10X, I could never go back to the C53/462 combo.. 

One may find themselves utterly surprised with the Musical Fidelity Ms8 preamp, it's got quite the trifecta going on transparency, neutrality and musicality not to mention good looks and at 37lbs it's got the internals to prove the above .

Just saw this post and I also have ML11As. I was running the ARC Ref75 and Ref3 and wasn't happy. Albert Sportis told me about the great synergy with the 509X so I traded. He was right, it's stunning. I'm in love.