Wyred 4 Sound - DAC2 DSD SE - Excellent upgrade

Wondering if anyone else has gone from the original DAC2 to the SE?

My experience has been entirely positive. Dramatically so.

I'm happy to elaborate - let me know.

Cheers, Rob
bezimienny
Hello Again.
For those interested, Six Moons has a review of this now.

If anyone out there has purchased one in recent months, I'd be keen to hear your thoughts.

Regards,
Rob
just curious. I have a DAC2 and was thinking about sending in for the upgrade.

From reading I have done, I'm not clear on the difference between upgrading the old DAC2 and buying a new version. I dont think the end product is identical, but asking if anyone else knows for sure.
I'n reference to the SE dac in my opinion the Berkeley-2 dac is Not better
The Wyred DSD-SE takes 350-400 hours to fully run n.
The a Berkeley may have slightly better leading edge but it does not have the meat on the bones instruments have more meat on them snd depth with the -SE. I find it is more involving,another thing to consider as digital
Technologies evolve you have the latest advancements in technology
That can be implemented.-future proof,most other dacs tough luck.
I had the mighty a Luxman da/06 that won several awards .the Wyred4 sound dsd-SE I heard in NY blind tested against several dacs in the $3k - $6k range differences in all .the a Wyred is very balanced in character.
Porer cord is very important as well as digital cables,and for sure system cables.the new Wireworld Silver starlight 7 ,and PlaTinum 7 USB cables are very good ,as well as the excellent Wire world Silver Electra power cord
theyare the latest and have outstanding detail retrieval.and Wyred has a x5 year warranty ,and a 30 day audition .they may not be fancy looking but
Inside is loaded with much better parts then the competition.
As I mentioned in a earlier paragraph I had the Luxman06 dac
I did purchase the Wyred 4 sound DSD-SE dac. The first week is the hardest,and rule of thumb ,even if your amplifier is off let you dac dac play 24/7 if possible . Just through experience the better the parts quality usually
The longer the runin,after 150 hours it is really starting to loose any brightness, and focus just keeps getting better ,sound staging was always good Buy the best powercord,as well as digital cables you can afford
You will be rewarded. If your system is already on the warm side then the New Wireworld Platinum7 usb cable or Silver star light, if you want more
Warmth the Audio quest Diamond , both are very good.what people forget
Is that if this was sold retail this SE dac would be $5,000 all day long
Just look at the competition ,they cannot match the super high quality
Parts in the SE. My friend has the excellent Meitner which may be slightly better in a few areas,but not all , and look inside it has a bunch of parts stamped
From China for $7,000 that should not be so ,Japan parts are far better.
And I also like the idea is that when advancements in digital come out
I can get them upgraded ,most companies feed you a story of why they don't .itis because they want more $$$ nothing more !!
Does the DAC2 DSD SE play regular files better than the DAC2 or is just because it can play hi rez material that it is better. In other words, all things being equal is the improvement just because it has DSD capabilities or is the DAC just improved or an upgrade overall.