Hate fireplace in home theater room

I have a room with a fireplace in middle. Ideal place for a large tv display - ie in front of the unused fireplace. Can’t put above mantel as it would be too high. Room size of 22 x 14 is a nicer size for high end speakers vs smaller den room.
Curious if anyone has placed a screen in front of an unused fireplace. Platform is 12 inch above floor so center spkr would be placed on floor and angled up. Flat screen could be raised to 18 inch above floor level.
Thanks for any comments.

emergingsoul

Pull down TV mounts are not reliable and they're not a really good solution.

I too hated my fireplace in listening room, tore it out some years ago. The things we do for audio!

I have a fireplace on the side wall in our room. I like it there a lot and not a big fan of a tv above a fireplace or a pull down screen in front of one. On occasion we'll have the fireplace on at the same time as a movie.

@ jumia 262 posts
03-30-2022 at 03:01pm

” …Pull down TV mounts are not reliable and they’re not a really good solution...” 

i strongly disagree with this generality bias .MANTLEMOUNT are Uber-reliable . I’ve had mine for 2-years and it is flawless.

Q: why ? A: simple…..

(1) Patented Construction

High-quality automotive pistons, lightweight alloys & state-of-the-art counterbalance technology.

(2) Exclusive Features

Paintable covers, heat-sensing handles, soundbar adapter, adjustable stops, auto-straightening and more. *features” such as finger-touch ease of motion.

the heat-sensing handles are a VERY nice touch

My pop up TV mount arrived a week ago.
No time to even open up the box yet.