New Pre/Pro for 2 ch guy? (+How easy to set up RC in top units like Lyngdorf, etc)?

I'm struggling with whether to repair my wonderful Krell S1200 pre/pro or breaking bank to get new pre/pro for basic 5.1 setup that may or may not ever grow to 6.1, 7.1, etc. 2 channel audio is my prime concern, but I wouldn't mind finally seeing what room correction would sound like in HT setting.  Don't like idea that many p/p digitize analog inputs, as I have an Esoteric K03 that sounds amazing and I wonder if this will be a downgrade in sound.  However, been reading that something like a Lyngdorf sounds great, and room correction could make a big diff even in 2 channel.  How easy is RC setup on units like Lyngdorf, Trinnov, or AudioControl? (Assuming Marantz, NAD, Krell Foundation won't be up to par in two channel or in RC?)

Appreciate any help/insight you can provide.  Thanks much!!!

PS - Rest of system: Speakers: Revel Salon 2 L/R, Revel Voice2 C, B&W DS7 and XTC8 surrounds. Velodune sub. Amps: Mcintosh mc452, Sunfire TGA 5200. CD/SACD: Esoteric K03. Bluray: Oppo 103. Streaming: Sonos

jeffkad
Post removed 

Went with the Lyngdorf MP40. Fingers crossed on the 2ch SQ

I think you made a good decision and are gonna be very happy.  IME the excellent room correction goes a long way to overwhelming any other lingering sound quality concerns.  When you listen with and without RC I think you’ll see what I mean.  Be interested to hear your thoughts, and yeah, I’m jealous. 

I think you made a good decision and are gonna be very happy.  IME the excellent room correction goes a long way to overwhelming any other lingering sound quality concerns.  When you listen with and without RC I think you’ll see what I mean.  Be interested to hear your thoughts, and yeah, I’m jealous. 

Thanks soix.  Really appreciate all your input.  Your comments about your experience with RP made an impact.  I will definitely post my impressions.