Burning in question

I bought an NAD M33 for a system in a 2nd home.  I want to run it in before installing and these amps are notorious for needing a lot of time before sounding as designed.  

The speaker terminals on the M33 won’t accept my ribbon cables.  I’m curious if any of you have an opinion or experience to share.  Will an amp burn in just being on, but without a load at the taps, and without playing/streaming a file?

For those who think burn in is hooey, please just kindly move along - nothing to see or hear, here.

Best to all,

mgrif104

when I purchased a Pass X250.5, I was given a burn-in procedure from Pass, that included much time simply left on, as well as some time totally off (not in standby)..my experience with a lot of gear is that simply being on is part of burn-in...,when I purchased a used Aesthetix CD Player, that had been unplugged for 6 months, I was told by Aesthetix that a month in standby would bring it back to full sound...

Just leave it on. You do not need speakers connected to a ss amp. 

I never turn off my SS gear. 

I am with those that advise the use of different modest speaker cables for a burn in period.