Luxman D-10X Follow up

Over a year ago I sought advice here about CD players.  I ordered a Luxman D-10X as a result of the conversations.  It took a year to arrive.  Chips.  Slow ocean transport.  The world today.  Anyway, as promised I am reporting back.  It required a long break in.  At first it sounded a bit sharpish I think is the best way to put it.  200-300 hours later it has a very pleasant sound on all formats.  No surprise on SACD, DSD, and MQA, but the real bonus is that it really works quite well with PCM too.  That is a real plus for me because I listen mostly to jazz and a lot of the things I want are not available on vinyl, or the vinyl is old, out of print, in lousy condition, or absurdly expensive.  I am not inclined to pay several hundred dollars for an old mono Blue Note, sight unseen, coming from Japan, when the same recording can be had on a CD for just a few dollars.  With this D-10X the sound is acceptable.  So, I am happy.  It was worth the wait.  Thanks for all who offered advice.

billstevenson

rpeluso

Good to see you here and enjoying the D-10x. Check your email and reply.

Thank You.

Happy Listening!

billstevenson

You own an incredible system! Not many Audiophiles purchased those Sony SS AR1 Reference speakers. Well done.

Happy Listening!

Thank you for the kind words jafant.  Oddly enough I don't consider myself much of an audiophile.  I do enjoy listening to music and consider myself a music collector and jazz lover first.  The system is one that has evolved over time and it is good and I am grateful that I have reached a point in life where it is possible to have such.  The Sony speakers are really very good.   

billstevenson

Nice sentiment. I feel the same way about my System as well. What brand(s) of Cables/Cords are you enjoying?  Sony is here to remind us Audiophiles that they are still a major Player. The SS-AR1 loudspeaker is a Statement product and the next Evolution from the 1990's ES series speakers.

Happy Listening!

Hi Bill,

congratulations on a fabulous Luxman player - I love my amp. A left field idea. The d 10X accepts MQA through spdif &usb as does my TEAC ud701 streamer/DAC - a rarity. I have a Bluesound Node which can output Radio Paradise MQA streams and to my ears sounds superb. An inexpensive extra source of music. 
the TEAC took 9 months to arrive in Europe from product announcement and I was quoted over six months for the Luxman d 03x.