Big Ears

Hello everyone. Just attended a 4 day music fest in Knoxville TN called Big Ears. Probably the most amazing music experience I've ever had. Wondering if anyone else has ever been?

128x128gsal

Looked amazing.  I'm a big fan of what Kronos Quartet, Caroline Shaw, So Percussion and the ATTACCA Quartet do.

I did indeed hear Kronos, Caroline Shaw and So Percussion and was totally blown away by each of them. All I can say is make sure you get tickets for next years event. I guarantee you will be in awe with the performances. I must say that I was not familiar with like 80% of the artists but don't let that deter you. Each and every one gave a virtuoso performance and opened my eyes/ears to new and exciting music. These are the kind of musicians that must be heard live.

I am not familiar with the Big Ears fest. But I live about 80 miles east of Knoxville and am familiar with the local area musical vibe. You may also like the Rhythm & Roots Fest in Bristol TN/VA. It generally happens in early Sept.

FWIW, Bristol has been proclaimed as the home of country music. This is because Mother Maybelle Carter & the Carter family were first recorded there and got radio play also, somewhere around 1927 (?) As a consequence this area has become very involved in Bluegrass, Country and Roots music in general