Western Electric surveying market for (domestic?) mfg. of other tube types?

https://www.westernelectric.com/expand?fbclid=IwAR0S0X6zGVZRTRtciJyXv2aEANegKkF2R6rQ99DqN-hUuARI34-CzT4bUVI

Hi guys..

Came across this in one of my feeds…it appears legit?

I realize that some of the Russian tube panic may be unfounded. However, I personally would love other options…especially if domestically produced.  

If this is legit,  it would probably be in our best interest to let WE know of the potential demand.  I personally would love another source for 12ax7s, 6922s, etc.

Please share thoughts and link as appropriate.

Gadflies need not respond. 

128x128ml8764ag
ibmjunkman- Outside of audio gear what is the market for tube?

Instrument amps. For gee-tars, basses (not to be confused with the fish), keyboards and other instruments that are "electric" (pedal steel?).

:)

The musicians look for robustness (getting banged around in a van) and long life.

Audiophiles may have different priorities. I’ve found that tube selection is very dependent on system voicing- that is, I have very recherché vintage tubes, NIB, that I don’t use, simply because others sound better in my system. Is it that those are a "better" tube? Not necessary. A metal base Mullard GZ 34 - a grail tube-- does not sound as good in my system as a GEC u52. But that does not mean the metal base Mullard (really a Philips/Miniwatt) is a lesser tube. It comes down to particulars in tonality and balance of the system.

NOS 6L6s are hard to find. Pretty common usage.

KR tubes sell pretty well and aren't cheap by any means. Can vouch as I just purchased a dozen KT88s from them. Don't know the market by any means but having spent a great deal on equipment, don't have any interest in buying less than the best tubes that can be found for it.