Pro-Ject CD Box DS3 "Redbook" Player

Leave it to Pro-Ject to actually listen to what audiophiles are asking for. This new CDP uses the same Streams Unlimited CD-80 Blue Tiger Servo as their $3200 CDT top loader. If it gets the same improvements from reading a CD and one can live with its own internal DAC, this could be a game changer for the low, low price of about $760 (€699).  

Here's the skinny.

All the best,
Nonoise

128x128nonoise

@charles1dad 

Thanks for the positive attitude. You'd think that at my age I wouldn't be so quick to react, but there's always going to that kid deep inside us. 😄

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise 

Did you mean SL-G700 (SACD/CD player)? The SU-G700M2 is an integrated that wasn't well received.

@tweak1 ,

No, I meant the SU-G700M2 integrated.

Please provide some links to these not well received findings. I've yet to encounter any.

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise 

Someone commented on the negative review in another thread. Since I am not interested in it, I didn't look further. You should have no problem, just put SU-G700M2 integrated review it in search bar

@tweak1 ,

Already done that, and have been keeping up with the reviews since it was released in EU and Asia. Everything I find has nothing but positive things to say about it. Since it's not yet available stateside, the only negatives I've come across are just conjecture.

All the best,
Nonoise