Flagship product to build around

While my current system sounds good to me I know it can be better.  I do believe that vinyl makes it easier to take the next step in sound reproduction but the hassle involved of cleaning, storing and just the limited play time of an album side  removes it from my consideration for this question.

I want to build my system around a flagship product.  Where would I start?  My listening area is large my musical preference is female vocalists and I prefer lower power SET amps and really efficient speakers.

128x128danager

Large Tannoys, BAT VK-80i Triode amp and a really great streamer. Wire? OCC copper all around!

Post removed 

@ebm 

You're probably on the right track to build around an amp but a Class A/B amp and 350 Watts seems more like a boat anchor than a flagship.

For that money I'd probably go with the Coda #16.  Similar power  but the first 100 watts are Class A (up to 300 watts into 4 OHMS).

I would be hard to build around speakers as I'd hate them until I got something to sufficiently drive them but the amp should be purchased with a speaker in mind.

@ghdprentice 

I'm torn about vinyl.  It does sound better but the hassle involved with cleaning, storing and acquiring the music just makes me question my commitment. to the hobby.  I shudder to think  of having to get up and turn the album over every 15 minutes.  I'm sure I have several hundred albums saved from pre CD era  That would be cool to listen to again but my musical tastes have changed since the 80s and finding excellent copies would be pricey.

Post removed 

IMO, a rock solid amp is the place to start. I have recently swapped my pre-amp and source and have no desire to change the amp. I am (almost) 😀 content with the system.