peachtree gan 400 is very good

you know this is class d - i know its been talked about for better or worse and it might be a little passe already - in terms of whats hot right now. But this happens to be a very good amplifier.

It does the subtle things really well - it wont dazzle you at all - its charming though

it really grows on you - at first your like -"whats so special about this amp - another let down" - then after a couple of weeks of listening - (i know a couple of weeks) it

it started to reveal its liquidity and charmingness - remember nothing is thrusted at you - so its hard to pinpoint because in the beginning, the amp sounds so ordinary

but if you are patient - you get rewarded (not in razzle dazzle)  but in everything you play sounding good (again if the recording is good)

its as good as any tube amp - for the same price - its cleaner and just as good tonally

128x128smargo

its as good as any tube amp - for the same price

So you’ve heard a lot or all tube amps at this price in your system...?

When @atmasphere develops a GaN amp...

Already done that, first run sold out w/o marketing

"So you’ve heard a lot or all tube amps at this price in your system...?"

Well not all - but cayin, primaluna, cary, audio research, and conrad johnson and jolida so not real high end - but high end for their stuff

I agree, the GaN 400 is very good. It's first amp I've had that makes it very easy for me to forget about how my system sounds and to immerse myself in the music. It also seems to pair well with R-2-R dacs (at least it does with my Pontus).

I have the GaN400 and the PreDAC combo and am very happy customer. It’s a big step up from what I had before which was the Peachtree Nova 300. Big in terms of soundstage. Just sounds like a wider soundstage. I’m guessing the new Dac may have something to do with that. Currently using my sons Focal 948’s. My normal setup is the Cornwall III’s. Both speaker setups sound amazingly great. But I do agree with recording quality. It will reveal a bad record that’s for sure.