Pro-Ject CD Box DS3 "Redbook" Player

Leave it to Pro-Ject to actually listen to what audiophiles are asking for. This new CDP uses the same Streams Unlimited CD-80 Blue Tiger Servo as their $3200 CDT top loader. If it gets the same improvements from reading a CD and one can live with its own internal DAC, this could be a game changer for the low, low price of about $760 (€699).  

Here's the skinny.

All the best,
Nonoise

128x128nonoise

Just found out it’s going to go for $899, stateside. Relatively speaking, that’s still on the less expensive side. It’s gonna be a long, one month wait to read the reviews.

Here's another review that shows the Servo board and new suspension set up.
Just click on the images and they'll enlarge.

All the best,
Nonoise

Pro-ject overall makes some nice stuff, too bad their turntables seemingly get a bad rap from some. I know first hand that their mid priced and upper tier tables are excellent. The Classic sb, especially with the ortofon quintet red was great value. I don't know much about their cd player offerings, but I'm sure they are very nice. I will say that their tube box ds2 is very underrated. It is a fantastic tube phono stage with immense flexibility and good looks, especially with the wood side panels. 

Have the project DS3 with Peachtree Nova 300 and LSA 20 Statement speakers in one of my systems.  Unit works fine and sound is great.