Vandersteen 2ce Sig II

So I've got a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum with TS KT 120 tubes and am updating my speakers from some Martin Logan Aerius i's that I built when I worked there in college over 15 years ago. Gonna have the mylar replaced and put them in a second system. I was wondering if anybody thought the Vanersteen 2ce Sig II's were a good match for the Cronus Magnum with the big bottle upgrade. I'm currently using VPI Scout with a Grado Reference Master cart and mainly only listen to vinyl although I do have a Mac Mini with a cheap DAC hooked up to it. Any thoughts would be appreciated if anybody has had experience with this setup.
Thanks, Tim
curtisbaby
Thanks for the feedback. I've really enjoyed the Cronus Magnum with the Martin Logans in the room I've got setup. Mt10425, sorry to hear about your luck with them.
Adam18, sounds like it worked for you. I'm getting the 2ce's for a good enough deal that I think I can afford to listen for a while and if I don't like it, They're not that hard to sell.
Thanks again, guys.
"you can place a pair of steen,s in a room and easily get good sound....
With a little TLC and reading the well written owners manual you get the magic the speaker is capable of. As with any great speaker, placement, vertical alignement side to side level precise for both speakers, etc
JohnnyR
The Rogue Cronus Magnum and Vandersteen 2ce Sig II's are two of the best buys in audio. I've owned that particular combination, with the KT90s, and it was excellent. You should get a lot of fatigue-free listening enjoyment out of them, and both companies provide excellent customer service.
I've heard the same thing Anonymoustao. Very excited to set them up soon! Got the dry sand waiting to fill the stands!
Some facts about Vandersteen Speakers

Vandersteen was one of the first in the industry to start using FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) Computer Analyzer, originally developed for aerospace industry

Cost cutting in cabinets while making audible performance top priority

Careful selection of materials for all drivers, critical damping in all areas in drivers and cabinets

Patented "reflection-free" midrange drivers, although this is probably only used in model 3A and up....

All crossovers are hand soldered and tested to make sure there's less than 0.1dB deviation to the reference

Drivers are matched to within 0.1dB tolerance

Crossovers are hand tweaked and speakers measured in anechoic chamber to make sure they perform as well as the reference

Baffles are as small as possible to reduce/eliminate diffraction => improves imaging

FFT is employed to find optimal size, shape and thickness of different parts of the enclosure

+++ probably much more that I don't know about.....