Power Distribution

I have just installed whole house surge protection, a dedicated 20-amp breaker and a short run of 12/2 to my new Hubbell 20amp receptacle for my system that’s in waiting.

With only the two outlets on the receptacle, I will need some form of a power strip or distribution bar. With no need of a power conditioner or surge protection I’m looking for some suggestions on a high-quality, reasonably price, piece of this nature.

Thanks in advance!

high-amp

@high-amp - any of these are my preferred power distribution boxes

https://www.furutech.com/2013/01/31/1537

I like them because of the quality of the outlets and the alpha wire used inside

I especially like the f-TP615 Power Filter because the outlets are not wired in parallel

Regards - Steve

Post removed 

williewonka - jayctoy - jond: Thanks, so what do you guys use for surge protection?

OK, from what I've research so far it seems that one of these units suggested by willewonka, covers both surge protection and power distribution for a somewhat reasonable price. Although the unit is pretty large.

Furutech's e-TP80S or e-TPS80S NCF

@high-amp - I have a surge supressor installed on my Breaker panel - you can get varying levels of protection from $150 - $450 installed by an electrician. So far, we have had quite a few weather related power disruptions and it appears to have provided adequate protection, but I can not honestly say any of them had a related POWER SURGE

I believe surge protection has been hyped up ofer the years by companies that produce power conditioners as something we need - our delicate electronics need protecting.

Every time there’s a storm I unplug my system form the mains supply - that’s how I protect it.

When you think about surge protection, what are you protecting against

1. a surge in the mains supply?
    1. I have never experienced one of these - so I use a panel breaker unit and figure it will take care of that and protect the entire house - fridge, stove, Micro-wave etc..
  2. lightning strikes?
    1. again these occur very rarely and for the most part a panel installed unit will protect the entire house
    2. HOWEVER - if lightning hits the ground around the house it raises the potential of the GROUND and NEUTRAL lines to extreme levels that even the Panel installed surge protector provides no protection to any attached electronics
    3. In my 69 years on this planet I have observed only one lightening strike directly on one of the many dwellings I have lived in - so for me the risk is very low
  3. Interference from undustrial complex power iregularities?
    1. If I lived near one of these and it caused a frequent problem I might invest in a power regenerator or battery supply - like those available from Yeti

I am fortunate in that I live in an area with a pretty stable mains supply, so I may not be the right person to make comment on this partuicular topic.

I built my own power distribution components

• it does NOT have surge protection
  • it uses MRI grade outlets (no ferous metal used)
    • And being hospital grade, they grip like a vice
  • it has one mini breaker to protect against overload situations
  • a couple of switches to control some of the outlets
  • Basically it is an extension of the wall outlet

Hope that helps - Steve