bi-amping with Tube and SS amp

Bi-amping question: 

Is it possible to use a tube amplifier to run my HT speakers without disconnecting HT SS amp? 
In other words, can I connect a tube amp to my L R channel using top binding posts and use the tube amp for music. The HT amp will be off but remain connected via bottom posts. 

zory

@ei001h I am not an electrical engineer, but I wouldn't connect to amplifier together with speaker cables which is essentially what this would be doing.  I doubt amplifiers have a lot of circuit protection from this type of load.  

@mceljo is correct. You need a switcher with built-in dummy load to connect both tube amp and HT amp to your speaker.

Amplifier-Receiver-Speakers-Selector-Switcher

The resistor dummy load is to protect the tube amp’s output transformer from damage if accidentally switch the tube amp disconnected from speaker while the tube amp still turn-on.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/amp-switcher-with-tube-amp-protection/post?postid=2198961#2198961

I have a SS 5 channel amp, am I able to use just 2 channels out of 5 and not cause any damage to the amp ?