Mad Scientists Audio Nano Tweaks

My dear Audiophile friends...My curiosity has drawn me into trying many crazy tweaks to try and nudge a hint of better sound out of my system. Obviously nothing can substitute for actual quality components so that's a given and on that front I've put my focus. HOWEVER, if using a marker to blacken the center and edges of my CDs helps I'm in. (And yes it does help, double blind test) So from boutique fuses. system disks, upgraded power cords, to Nano disks, if the item isn't too expensive and provides money back guarantee, I'm willing to be a potential sucker. Two issues, well three, come into play. Placebo effect, change of tone misinterpreted as improvement, and volume consistency while evaluating. We all grasp the meaning of the placebo effect. The second issue is much more subtle. A change in the sound which brings out different unheard details when actually nothing is improved overall. You may like the change when your stale music collection can sound new again. There is a value in that.  Then the problem of volume. I caught myself turning up the volume beyond my usual level (DB meter is key) when I was evaluation a new items. Playing louder will obviously allow you to "hear" more within the music. These factors can easily bias a reviewer. Third day after installing multiple Nano things at key spots around my system and I hear #1. a difference which does not seem to be merely rearranging the tone but truly improving the sound. #2. At both high and low volumes enhanced clarity is undeniable. #3. The placebo effect "appears" to work without regard to cost of said "snake oil." My theory is placebo effect works infinitely and without regards to cost. therefore one can "perceive" improvements in the system Curiously this placebo effect often works on visitors who have no knowledge of the "enhancements"!  Therefore I highly recommend Mad Scientist Audio tweaks. Very inexpensive and appears to trigger full utilization of placebo effect! COST? $100

allears4u
I had originally sent my 5 bucks off for a free sample.(two disks) They seemed to help (maybe) so I ordered the bigger "cupcakes X 2) and the tube-like thing for the main power cord for my Raven Audio tube amp. Plus they sent me two more free disks. So I've distributed them around in strategic spots. Much more detail/depth now. I want to try the cables but I've bought some pricey interconnects already and dread putting those in a drawer. Have you tried their contact goop or tube caps? Not me, just curious...It takes ages to get product from New Zealand!

I have some Mad Scientist products; Nitro and Nitro Nano power cables, Black Magic USB cable, and Black Magic Nano Discus.

He kindly hard wired a Nitro and Nitro Nano power cable to a couple of older Eichmann Universal Power Strips I had.

All purchases have improved my system.

I've yet to apply the Graphene Contact Enhancer.

@jerrybj Kia Ora mate (Yeah I'm making a presumption)
Guessing you're in NZ otherwise you posted in your Eichmann power strips?

I am curious if you've done a shootout between Curious Cables and the Black Magic USB? I have the Curious Evolved, but I'm curious as to how good the Black Magic is.

@allears4u - I don't have tubes anymore, and only did on a DAC made in Australia.
I will soon be trying some US made new to the market contact goop as you call it, however, not any from Mad Scientist.

I have to wait for stuff sometimes to come from my home country which is nearest NZ, and yeah it often takes weeks not days.

@rixthetrick 

Kia ora e hoa.

An easy guess, when this end of the planet.

Was seriously heading towards the Curious route. But Bob’s cable was well reviewed by a few.

Dropped in to visit him a couple of years ago. A nice guy. Spent a good hour with him at his place.

If you want to try the Black Magic, DM me.

I thought I had settled on my cabling but now ....Using Tellurium Q throughout. Mad Scientist Audio has me rethinking the possibility of finding ways to enhance even more. Any try the tubes caps things? They sit on top of each preamp tube. Sounded dangerous at first but they can take 300 degrees they say so what possibly could go wrong? (lol) What to try the contact enhancement liquid except many hear recommend a different product....Boy, do I miss Millercarbon's pontificating! Never can have too many Pontiffs.