SS Substitute for Tube Integrated?

Monitoring world events and not optimistic regarding the future of my much loved PrimaLuna tube integrated.  What would you all tend to recommend as an interim substitute from the world of solid state?  I’ve been running Mullard (reissue) EL 34s in my PL with the stock, smaller tubes it came from the factory with and I’d like to approximate that sound as close as possible within the limitations of the different technologies and a $2000-ish US budget (preferably new but I try to keep an open mind……intermittent earner in my mid 60s.  I prob. do better to have a warranty for a bit at least.).  I listen to literally everything except rap and bluegrass…….a lot of jazz.  Nothing approaching sheetrock cracking decibels.  My speakers are JBL L65s, sources are vinyl (have a phono preamp) and a Node 2i (the workhorse of my system for a year now).  Would like to stay away from integrateds with built-in DACs but, again, will try to keep an open mind…

Thanks in advance!

lg1

We’re going to go through a period of panic, hoarding, and price gouging on power tubes. We’ll probably have to wait a while to see how things look after the dust settles. Personally I won’t be running my Apollo Darks on a "hot" bias setting anymore lol. They’re actually pretty easy on tubes at the normal setting, but of course they use a dozen KT120 at a time :( My VAC 200iQs use an octet, but actually seem to eat through those side getters faster than the Rogues do.

For those who didn’t see the news today, Russia announced a retaliatory export ban on goods including all the New Sensor tubes. It’s set to last until end of 2022, but of course no guarantees things will go back to normal after that. China and JJ tube production is also still a big question mark at this point, for different reasons.

This is a big moment in our hobby. And not a good one :(
Will people panic and ditch their tube amps? The issue is owning an expensive amp with power tubes that are increasingly hard to replace. Maybe that makes for some good opportunities to buy. And how much will this hurt our boutique tube amp makers? If they have a large tube stash, they may have to provide tube replacement guarantees in order to convince wary new buyers. 

@lg1 ,  You may want to consider an Ayre Acoustics AX-7E integrated.  Used market prices around $1500 - $1700.   They're bulletproof, have stable valuations, and are among most "tube-like" of SS that I've heard in this price range.

Glad you brought this up. I always have an xtra set of tubes for all my equipment. But my amps use KT 150… so I bought an extra quad… I am sure alternative sources will come on line at some point. Tubes tend to last a very long time. But better safe than sorry.

Words of wisdom: "I always have an xtra set of tubes for all my equipment"

SS for tube integ. Many good SS integ. out there. Consider this, you change to a SS integrated and you may not like its pairing with the speakers you have.