Looking for pure copper or Cu/Au bananas

Hello friends,

Trying to order a new set of DIY speaker cables. I have most of the connectors but need to order two pairs to replace bad Furutech bananas.

The requirements:

• Solid copper or gold over copper. Absolutely NO brass core.
  • Screw down wire connections.  No soldering
  • Either fully insulated or easy to insulate, so nothing with a metal housing.
  • Less than $80

Suggestions?

erik_squires

Erik, why don't you like Furutech bananas?  I have used the Furutech FP-200B bananas on several occasions and have found them to be the best banana plug.  The set screws are large and you can really crank them down.  The plug itself has a very tight fit when inserted.  They are available in gold-plated for $19 each at Parts Connexion.  (4 x $19 = $76).

Ive invested heavily into Furutech, Should I be concerned about my furutech plugs not lasting! 

You could try Audioquest Suregrip 300 BFA series banana plugs.  They are Beryllium copper with good set-screws (not brass, but not pure copper).  Cheaper than Furutech.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the Audioquest 500 or 1000 series bananas.  They are absolute crap.  Very loose fit and the set screws and case screws are so small that they are usually stripped already.