New KEF KC62 Not Responding?

Hi all. I just tried adding a KC62 to my Ragnarok 2 / LS50 Meta system. Per KEF documentation, I connected the Ragnarok preamp out to LFE (L) and Smart Connect (R) inputs on the KC62 and set the subwoofer in Manual mode.

Fire up "Dark Side of the Moon" on the turntable and... nothing. The KC62 just sits there with orange (standby?) light on and does not turn green.

I expect that I'm missing something really obvious and appreciate any help here. I've emailed KEF and Schiit but have not heard back yet. Thanks in advance.

dprendergast

I'll assume the volume on the sub is not set at zero. Switch to manual with just the left channel RCAs to the sub. If that doesn't work, it might be DOA? 

I don't believe you should have anything plugged into LFE on the sub and it should be set for manual. You need a Y cable to combine the L/R from your amp into a single mono into the sub. I have two of these subs at home, one in an upstairs TV room with a pair of Kef LS50 wII and another in a system downstairs where it is fed via a single rca cable. I will check tonight and post if you havent got it sorted by then.

russ69 - Right, sub volume I not at zero. I tried the left channel only and manual mode - no go.

ghastly - Interesting idea regarding Y-cable - I'll wait for your follow-up post, thanks.

@dprendergast 

I posted a photo of the back of my KC62 on my system page. A link is below. I apologize for the dust and the hair from our English Cream Golden Retriever. LOL. This is on and operational when I snapped the photo. Best wishes