First Watt Sit-3 paired with Klipsch Cornwall lV?

Does anyone have Klipsch Cornwall's paired with a First Watt SIT-3? Anyone like to comment?

128x128coachpoconnor

Well I've never hooked the Pass XA-25 since receiving the SIT-3, but in my defense, I also changed the room around because I felt the Cornwall's needed more wall space. This change improved the soundstage and has made room for a sub or subs. I also have not re-mounted my LP-12 to the wall. (this weekend)

I really love this amp. It is the most organic solid state amp I've ever heard. I have it paired with a Coincident Statement Preamplifier, BorderPatrol DAC and a Bluesound node 2i.  When I listen to the digital "unplugged" by Eric Clapton, the detail of the acoustic guitars and the presence of his voice are wonderful. Bass is good, but I feel I need a little more of it. This combination seems to drift closer to the edge of tubes than anything I've heard; It even sounds good playing some of the Classical pieces I enjoy.

I have 3 things that I am working to correct:

My listening room has always had bass issues. The KEF LS50 Metas, Zu Omens all needed sub help and room treatment to sound acceptable. I'm thinking of getting one REL S510 to help and I am experimenting always with acoustic treatment.(dispersion)

I plan on using Dynamat on the horns, to quell vibrations the I hear at specific frequencies. 

Improving my Streamer.. maybe a Lumin U1 mini?

I've always felt I've understood peoples aversions to horns, or at least inexpensive more commercial horns, because I've had these feelings myself. However, this combination of SIT-3/Cornwall lV I'm convinced could be sensational with a little more fine-tuning.

I also have an older Supratek Sauvignon that I'm interested in inserting in the mix. I'm curious to hear the 6SN7's.

If you were looking for a conventional comparison review, I'll try to listen to both amps in the near future.

I appreciate your interest.

Finding pleasure in the madness of audio

If your Cornwalls are a flat 8 ohm load then try resistors on the speaker terminals to get it down to 4 ohms. The SIT-3 sounds best at around 4 ohm loads.

I don't remember which size resistors. Zu Audio would know and can make you a pair for your speakers.

I have Frankenstein Mk.II 300b mono's and a SIT-3 amp which I use with my Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers. I do like the 300b's better, but for SS amps they are really nice!

I have an analagous setup with Nelson’s First Watt clone Aleph J and Crites B speakers which I have enjoyed for several years now. Better than stuff costing 1000s more, collecting dust now :-(