Flagship product to build around

While my current system sounds good to me I know it can be better.  I do believe that vinyl makes it easier to take the next step in sound reproduction but the hassle involved of cleaning, storing and just the limited play time of an album side  removes it from my consideration for this question.

I want to build my system around a flagship product.  Where would I start?  My listening area is large my musical preference is female vocalists and I prefer lower power SET amps and really efficient speakers.

128x128danager

If you are doing vinyl, then the preamp is the flagship product from which you build your system around.   If you are doing digital, then the Streamer and DAC are the flagship products from which you build your system.   The speakers have to be something you can live with and suit your tastes, while they will dictate what power amps can drive them.

for vocals and small ensembles there is nothing better than the full range ... English lowther + subwoofer cabasse ... or audio nirvana 15" alnico (but the body will have to be ordered and tuned from a very good master of musical instruments ... you yourself will not do anything good and the usual the carpenter will not do it - this is an illusion)

source cd - buy the most expensive ayon (5 ...10)

Good room treatment.  My room treatment has outlasted very other piece of gear I own and helped me settle on what I have.