Usb or Optical

Have a custom built computer has latest greatest Realtek Audio 1220 vb or whatever its called.  I have a Little Dot Mark ii tube amp and i just bought a SMSL D300 dac.  Should i go optical from computer to desktop dac ? or usb from computer to usb on back of destop dac ?????  im not trying to get dsd or any crazy hi res 24/192 is fine.  Whats going to give me the best sound ?

thanks for all input is welcome.

128x128audiomike33

Try going to "Advanced" tab in your sound configuration in Control Panel and setting the Default Format to "2 channel, 24 bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality)".  Then try playing a youtube video and see if the DAC is receiving 24/192.  Alternatively, you can choose another default such as 24/96.  If this works, it could be a limitation of the Amazon player software.

Ok i will check that, went on amazon hd and in settings and its set to ultra hd so thats no the problem.

Hey Auxinput you nailed it  awesome thank you that fixed the problem, now on the d300 its showing whats currently playing 24/192 etc.

Let me correct that last statement.  Its showing 24/192 no matter whats playing on the dac screen, so if im playing a 24/96 the screen says 24/192 always, thats strange .  When i click on the song on amazon hd it now says device able to play 192, so at least im getting hi res.