Mcintosh MC462 versus Luxman M10X

I recently bought the mcintosh mc462 along with the mcintosh preamp mc53. After experiencing the Luxman CD player DX03 DAC in the system, I am falling in love with the Luxman brand.. Am I doing the right thing switching the mc462 to a Luxman M10x? Any advice would be very helpful.. 

rman9

These amp brands sound so very different, that perhaps you are wondering if your hearing is accurate.  Yes, it is.  The difference, especially in the treble, is real. Pick the one you like better.

Owned McIntosh monoblocks for many years. While looking to improve my sound in my speakers I demoed Luxman and found it much more musical and detailed.  Luxman also goes much lower on the ohms scale which when combined with my Martin Logan Esl15a’s at the time were a much better combination than the McIntosh and Martin Logan’s.  I ended up going the tube route with Audio Research but if I would have stayed SS would have purchased Luxman. You will live with your decision a long time so don’t rush and trust your ears. Much success!

Mcintosh isn't really known for their source components.  If you like the sound through the Luxman DAC then be satisfied.  You can chase your tail in this hobby so tread lightly. 

Not sure about current Mac products, but a Luxman L507UXll will probably be my next amp. Very musical!

All the best.

JD

Thank you all, I have to admit I am totally confused.. The MC462, it's less than maybe 5 months since I bought it from the dealer.. They have this option, where if I switch to something within a year of purchase that is twice the price they take it back 100%. That's part of the reason for the temptation on the Luxman 10x. As that amp is a recent launch, they won't have that for a demo.. If I get it, it would be ordered for me.. So the dilemma. I also realize, that I could be chasing my tail in this hobby..  BTW, I also have the Mcintosh MA 352, and I love that thing.. One other question, has anyone had experience with the Luxman DA250?