Mcintosh MC462 versus Luxman M10X

I recently bought the mcintosh mc462 along with the mcintosh preamp mc53. After experiencing the Luxman CD player DX03 DAC in the system, I am falling in love with the Luxman brand.. Am I doing the right thing switching the mc462 to a Luxman M10x? Any advice would be very helpful.. 

rman9

I cannot respond specifically switching from a Mcintosh cd to a Luxman cd, however I owned a Mcintosh pre amp and power amp for many years. I switched to a Luxman 590AXII integrated and have never looked back. It was a huge improvement. That said, they sound very different and some like the Mcintosh sound. But I felt the Luxman was just better sounding in every way. The build quality is excellent also. Hope this info is helpful.

Just because you have heard the Luxman CD Player in your system doesn't mean the McIntosh components are an issue. They are fantastic.  Is there something missing in the way your system sounds now?  

It depends.

I've owned Mc amp/preamp and enjoyed it very much.

When I was looking to upgrade my amp/preamp I did compare Mc with others and noticed a difference I liked.  I then did upgrade to a different brand.

Every manufacturer's goal is to be just the music and the reality is there are many compromises for every piece of equipment.

If you are 'missing' something in your system that's the problem to solve.

When I run the Lumin streamer through the Luxman DAC, the clarity that I get, I am not hearing the same when I run it through the C53 Mcintosh's DAC.. It sounds a little thin and less clear. So I am making a leap here to think that the Luxman brand would be more to my liking with the power amplifier also. I could be totally wrong.. As to why I am not thinking about switching the preamp, I really don't have a clear answer on that..