Forgiving, musical speaker....

Seeking something similiar to Vandy 1 or original Meadowlark Kestrals...basically a speaker that has a fair amount of soundstage depth but too detached or polite for classic rock...going used...so the m oí re suggestions the better...older PSB?
128x128phasecorrect
Toward the end of 1996 I bought a pair of Mirage M5si's. They still anchor my 7.2 HT system. In early 1997 I auditioned a pair of Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Pianos and I marveled at how similar their tonal balance was to my Mirages. And although the SF's are front-firing and the Mirages bipolar, they had a similar effect in energizing the room as well.

Recently I listened to a pair of SF Cremona Ms. They're a great example of balancing low level detail with a lush, enticing musical presentation. If I had $10K sitting around, I'd have a pair ASAP.
Basically taking the relaxed, soft treble sound, large soundstaging of Vandersteen/Meadowlarks, widening the sweet spot, keeping the focused imaging...and hear is the kicker...finishing with a very nuetral, propropulsive, modern low end...similiar to what one hears with hi end contemporary British, Euro speakers...quick and a tad lean...so essentially time coherent design with European musical bass
Phasecorrect, you may get just what you're looking for from the GoldenEar Triton Two. Most of the business is handled by an MTM arrangement where the tweeter is a Heil-style folded ribbon. It is quite smooth and extended. Bass is handled by internally powered woofers augmented by passive radiators, that extends down into the 20s. The bass output is adjustable and the internal power is 1200w, so you can get that lean and extended bass you seek. The speaker has a rounded trapezoidal footprint, so the 7" wide front baffle helps make for superb imaging. Best of all these speakers retail for $3K/pair, and a smaller version, the Triton 3 goes for $2K/pair.

Reviews abound, including comprehensive treatments from The Abso!ute Sound and Stereophile. I heard a pair demo'd by GoldenEar founder Sandy Gross with hi-def digital sources supplied by John Atkinson. Most impressive, involving, and easy to listen to.