Forgiving, musical speaker....

Seeking something similiar to Vandy 1 or original Meadowlark Kestrals...basically a speaker that has a fair amount of soundstage depth but too detached or polite for classic rock...going used...so the m oí re suggestions the better...older PSB?
128x128phasecorrect
I'll second Johnnyb53, I loved the Mirage OMD-15. I couldn't resist the sale at Vanns though, so I sold them and bought the Mirage OMD-28. I can't imagine ever wanting more from a speaker. You can't go wrong with either one. The 28s need more power and more space around them, or they will be too bass heavy. Whichever fits your room better...get them.

Enjoy,
Mot
With all due respect but when you ask for a "Forgiving, musical speaker"..."but {not} too detached or polite...." you might be asking for a contradiction. Perhaps you might be better off with a very neutral speaker (with good depth) and a high quality equalizer?
09-08-12: Unsound
With all due respect but when you ask for a "Forgiving, musical
speaker"..."but {not} too detached or polite...." you might be
asking for a contradiction.
It seems like a contradiction,
but it's more of a paradox. Such speakers are out there--speakers that present a
full, detailed experience without driving people out of the room with hyper detail
and tipped-up treble. Examples include the Mirages, Spendors, and Ohms
already mentioned, and a stellar example is Sonus Faber, which somehow
delicately balances a wealth of detail with a full-bodied presentation that is
seductively musical on a wide variety of material.
It seems like a contradiction,
but it's more of a paradox. Such speakers are out there--speakers that present a
full, detailed experience without driving people out of the room with hyper detail
and tipped-up treble.
Johnnyb53

That's exactly what I experience with the Audio Physics except I might use the word etched or harsh when describing the irritating treble. Although I love the Kestrels, I always felt they lacked detail. The closest I came with floorstand speakers was the Thiel 1.6. The soundstage/imaging was very close to the Kestrels and did provide the detail. Unfortunately they lacked the natural warmth of the Kestrels. The Audio Physics give it all to me.
I will say though, those Mirage speakers are attractive.