Forgiving, musical speaker....

Seeking something similiar to Vandy 1 or original Meadowlark Kestrals...basically a speaker that has a fair amount of soundstage depth but too detached or polite for classic rock...going used...so the m oí re suggestions the better...older PSB?
128x128phasecorrect
Vienna Acoustics-Bach Grand. The midrange is as good as it gets considering the $1k used price point. They do need a quality 100 w/ch or > ss power amp to reach their potential. If I ever consider a 2nd system these are at the top of my list!
You might give old Snells a try. I did and am very satisfied. Definitely musical and forgiving. I started with K/IIs, now have J/IIs (and a pair of Ks for my office on the way). If you happen to live in Illinois, there's a super nice looking pair of E/IIs for sale on that auction site, local pickup only.
I'll second Johnnyb53, I loved the Mirage OMD-15. I couldn't resist the sale at Vanns though, so I sold them and bought the Mirage OMD-28. I can't imagine ever wanting more from a speaker. You can't go wrong with either one. The 28s need more power and more space around them, or they will be too bass heavy. Whichever fits your room better...get them.

Enjoy,
Mot
With all due respect but when you ask for a "Forgiving, musical speaker"..."but {not} too detached or polite...." you might be asking for a contradiction. Perhaps you might be better off with a very neutral speaker (with good depth) and a high quality equalizer?