Headphone amp?

I would like to add high quality headphones to my system, which consists of a Pass  Labs XA30.8 and XP-20 preamp, and SoundScience Music Vault plus speakers. Do I need a headset amp or is there some other way to use say, a pair of HD800s phones? I could in a pinch plug in to my CD player but I doubt it would be as good my amp/preamp. What would the cognoscenti suggest?

128x128j1b3h0

I use a Woo WA22 tube amp with my HD800s, and I think it sounds great.

The signal is run balanced with XLR connections from a Sony XA5400 SACD player. 

With the ability to roll different type of tubes you can tailor the sound.

Hi there OP, 

I have experience with vintage gear and the 6.3mm out for headphone listening on those units. The sound is fuller than something like an M-Audio interface, for example.

I heard that the A 30 Pro from Topping is really good. Lots of reviews on the internet. But I have yet to to try it out.

I also have the Quicksilver Headphone amp.   It is awesome, built like every other piece of Quicksilver gear....like a tank.  It is high quality and sounds great with any impedance phone.   Its killer for the $$$    I had mine built with a chrome transformer cover like my Mid Monos.