Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

The Shunguang facility burned down. There are no more WE6SN7 being manufactured. There are some vendors on Ebay selling these tubes, however there are warnings from tube enthusiasts that these are rejects by Shunguang that do not meet spec. 

I’ve heard the same thing @lowrider57. If you do a google search for the we 6sn7,you’ll find some for sale. STAY AWAY 

Any opinions on the importance of Grant Fidelity's "top 10% Ultra Low Noise" rated tube designation as opposed to buying directly from China? I need only one tube for my Dehavilland preamp, went to the Linlai website and they were only selling them in pairs. In a Senior Moment I forgot about Grant Fidelity as a possible source and ordered the single tube from a Chinese distributor on Ebay who has an excellent rating. By the time I remembered Grant Fidelity as a possible source (and they do sell them as singles) it was too late to cancel. So, am I forever doomed to neurotically suffer from those incessant ruminations that my tube will not be performing up to its potential, or is this tube grading mostly a marketing ploy?

@weebeesdad , did the Chinese vendor list them as Grant Fidelity "top 10% Ultra Low Noise?" Does the tube have PVT stamped on the glass?

My take after reading the GF website is the Ultra Low Noise is a replacement for their previously offered tube, not just tighter specs on an existing tube. They mention a different tube structure.

@lowrider57 The vendor does not list them as a Grant Fidelity tube. The pictures shown are not detailed enough to show any markings on the glass. It does show a "plaque" on which is engraved "Linlai Tube E-6sn7 - 01512". When I receive the tube I will look for "PVT" stamped on the glass. I was under the impression that GF's low noise designation was just a tighter spec and not a different structure tube, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks for your reply.