Moderation/Censorship Poll and surely more...

Hi. 

I'm here over 8 years and back then, I think the moderation guidelines were much lighter than today.  I think it's okay to have all foolish posts of ebm instead of removing part of them IMHO. 

Having that as a fact would you like to

A) Leave it same way?

B) Bring more rules?

C) Decrease rules?

czarivey

@cleeds I might partially agree that moderation and censorship is different, but to put it in correct way, years back there wasn't any censorship, but now there is here and it technically shouldn't be.

I've been here since 1998, and back then this was a much more courteous site, and there was rarely anything openly hostile happening, and political commentary was pretty much non existent. 

Quoting fiesta75  "Be careful not to say anything negative about the advertisers that pay the bills!🙃"

If we're discussing personal experience and customer service it's usually fine. But avoiding actual defamation is in the user agreement we all agreed to when becoming a member.It's very likely manufactures ask to get threads pulled.

It might be a good idea to create a sub forum to discuss current events where it's " no holds barred".

@roxy54 :

I've been here since 1998, and back then this was a much more courteous site, and there was rarely anything openly hostile happening, and political commentary was pretty much non existent. 

I agree with your sentiment. I have been reading Audiogon forums since early 2000 (member since 2004), and things have deteriorated significantly over the past few years. Away from audio. Some of the deranged individuals posting here, have nothing to do with audio, as can be seen by their Audiogon feedback (or lack thereof), and are here just to wreck havoc. Nothing more. Typical troll behavior 

It’s bad when an entire thread with over 12,000 views in a week gets removed because some of the posters set out to destroy it with never ending arguments like: Prove it to me, prove it to me. Nah, nah etc. Some of those very same posters are on this thread. What a bunch of ja’s that are now posting on audiogon.

It is difficult to post an opinion about a product you like and want to share it with others and not be called a shill.

I’ve started posting more to the "What’s Best" forum these days they seem to have less radicals there.

ozzy