Moderation/Censorship Poll and surely more...

Hi. 

I'm here over 8 years and back then, I think the moderation guidelines were much lighter than today.  I think it's okay to have all foolish posts of ebm instead of removing part of them IMHO. 

Having that as a fact would you like to

A) Leave it same way?

B) Bring more rules?

C) Decrease rules?

czarivey

I think the rules here are fine. As I've noted before, those that protest most loudly against moderation usually have the least to contribute.

Also, moderation ≠ censorship. They are two different things.

The one thing I do not like about the posting removals is that not the whole posting is bad. For example, there was a recent post re Vandersteen vs. Sonus Faber speakers. There was a chain of almost 180 responses! There was a lot of valuable info there. Yet, the whole chain was removed.

i think if there is a part of the chain that is inappropriate then that portion should be deleted if necessary.  Same with the OP, why should he be able to determine if the information in the post should be wiped away….that info could prove valuable to future searches.

thanks for reading this post…..before I delete it, in one, two

there was a very informative non controversial thread about a Supratek preamp that disappeared for no apparent reason. Makes one wonder if advertising competitors are able to get threads pulled..

@cleeds I might partially agree that moderation and censorship is different, but to put it in correct way, years back there wasn't any censorship, but now there is here and it technically shouldn't be.

I've been here since 1998, and back then this was a much more courteous site, and there was rarely anything openly hostile happening, and political commentary was pretty much non existent.