Which amp for B&W 805 D3 and HTM2 D3 speakers - Rotel RMB-1555?

I am setting up a system with L&R of 805D3 and Center of HTM2 D3. My understanding is that just the receiver (plan on getting Onkyo TX-RZ50) will not power these speakers well enough to get the most out of their potential. I am thus considering adding a Rotel RMB-1555 for the LCR. I would maybe consider bi-amping L&R since RMB-1555 is 5 channel. My question is whether the RMB-1555 (120W x 5) is sufficient or would there be a significant improvement in going to RMB-1585 (200W x 5). I do not listen to the music too loud. Just want clarity. Per B&W, the recommended amp for 805 D3 is 50W - 120W into 8Ω on unclipped program.

While you are advising me on RMB 1555 vs 1585 for this set-up, I am open to other options in the price range as well.

Thanks

someet

I’ve owned an Onkyo HT receiver since 2008. It is great and still going strong. I understand Onkyo (and other players) were getting bum HDMI boards from the same factory resulting in the black mark on quality. Also heard this problem was resolved.

The retail on the Onkyo TX-RZ50 is $1400.  Other receivers (Yamaha, Marantz, etc.) are also in the same price range.  You are better off stretching your budget and going for a used Anthem AVM-60 processor in the $1900-2200 range.  Much better power supplies and analog stages, especially if you are going to use an external amplifier such as the Rotel. 

Don't bother wasting money on a receiver.  The power supplies and audio stages are nearly as good as a dedicated processor.

Thanks soix, auxinput, dweller and jerryg123.

Eager to hear thoughts from others as well.

I am still thinking onkyo TX-RZ50 ($1400) to allow use of full range DIRAC Live along with Rotel RMB-1555 ($1100 used) to power center HTM2 D3 and biamp 805 D3 L & R channels. Onkyo could power the M-1s for the surrounds, rears, and ceiling speakers. SVS 2000 (already have it) to handle the low frequencies/  

I am still thinking onkyo TX-RZ50 ($1400) to allow use of full range DIRAC Live 

I certainly get that, but think of me when your Onkyo’s HDMI board fails and you’re in a quandary as to how to get it fixed.  I’m sure the hedge fund owners will go out of their way to improve customer service.  Kinda like Eddie Lampert did with Sears.  Ehem.  Good luck with that!