Moderation/Censorship Poll and surely more...

Hi. 

I'm here over 8 years and back then, I think the moderation guidelines were much lighter than today.  I think it's okay to have all foolish posts of ebm instead of removing part of them IMHO. 

Having that as a fact would you like to

A) Leave it same way?

B) Bring more rules?

C) Decrease rules?

czarivey

I have seen numerous examples of totally innocuous posts being taken down with the assertion that were in breach of a set of forum rules of which they clearly were not.

It would appear that the mods move in mysterious ways and have an ancillary set of rules or guidelines that are concealed from members.

My first knee jerk response would be to say decrease the number of posts that are removed, but on further consideration, I think the problem is a little more nuanced than just numbers of posts removed, but the reasons why they were removed.

Like many others, I have seen very abusive posts addressed to me and others that were left untouched, but then others that myself and other members have posted that mention, even in polite and sober terms subjects that the moderators apparently have a biased opinion about are often removed. A good example would be any mention of preventive health care measures.

Tha said, this is a privately owned site, and they can do what they like, and I accept that.

good example would be any mention of preventive health care measures.

it goes well beyond politically tinged posts, and is quite bizarre at times