Never Spend More On Cables Than Your Equipment Cost$$$$$$$$$$

Another interesting read and I agree!

Not a flat earther and cables can make a difference but sticking a $600.00 PC on a $699.00 DAC is a freaking waste of money. IMHO.

As one of my racing instructors Fast Freddy Spencer used to say "Gotta have the apple before you can polish it" .

Spend the money on front end then upgrade your cables.

Just me thinking out loud.

128x128jerryg123

So many cable opinions, so few audio examples.

Last year I recorded several speaker cables in my mastering lab with DPA reference mics, a Neve preamp and carefully studied the differences with a mastering DAC and headphones.

My conclusion was that while those cables did sound different, those differences were small. I noticed the biggest differences between cables of different gauges. The 10 gauge slightly emphasized the lows and and the smaller gauges did the opposite. If anyone thinks they could listen to a music sample, connect different cables and sit down and hear the differences, sorry, not a chance. Tilting your head in a different position would cause more of a change than the cables did.    

I also found that by adjusting the samples with a good EQ using usually less than 1/2 db, I could make any of the cables sound like the others. Like someone said, it's your money but I'd much rather have reasonably good cables and an exceptional EQ than the opposite.     

Some of these guy like crack junkie when it come cable. It like doing leg workout 8 days week and no do chest or back. 

Fast Freddy Spencer

I really envy you, probably the most gifted of all time IMHO