Why don't upgrade the wires and components inside our units?

I notice that everyone talks about upgrading their power cords, interconnect cables and even power fuses but nobody looks at upgrading the internal items. 

There is much more to be gained there.

vanson1

My amps and preamp/buffer were completely upgraded by the original equipment designer at SMc Audio - wire, caps, resistors, transformers, hardware, and more.  I have been very pleased with the result.

I first explored replacing internal wiring in Ed Long Sonex MkII Time Alignment speakers waaaaaay back in the late 1970s. At that time they were already older speakers, meaning the internal wiring was not on the hifi radar. I replaced it with  Wire World's first gen internal wiring, and painted the insides with many coats of boro-silicate. Due to the tall cabinet, I horizontally inserted a long threaded rod to alter any resonance, and finished the job hanging some wool over the rod. Well worth it

These days, unless you own tube gear there isn’t a lot to be changed, but I found Oppo 105 wire upgrades on EBaye. First, I replaced the OEM IEC with a Furutec long silver tail to connect to the OEM power supply board, fuse jumper, and 110/220 switch. The improvement was not subtle, so I replaced the OEM PS with an aftermarket LPM to excellent results, though eventually I did get a active preamp

My Emerald Physics 3.4 speakers have outboard XOs and came with cheap jumper wire. I ordered WireWorlds newest internal wire but it took a couple weeks to get it. As soon as I made the swap, my first thought was this speaker could have easily sold for an extra $1-2,000

I think DHLabs sells bulk wire

hth

My b&w speakers  crossovers and all wiring were removed and discarded,  I bought a Troels Gravenson upgrade kit from Jantzen and built new ones myself with having zero experience, I couldn't be happier. He has enough information that you can't go wrong. I'm not ready to tackle other gear other than a speaker though. 

I've rewired every single inch of internal wiring on Klipschorns, also spec'd silver litz and diy modded in some Duelund internal wiring on my custom build 300B monoblocks. My 845 SET and pre have no wiring to replace.

Obviously, I've determined internal wiring at least as important as ic, power, all external wiring. DIY capability makes it doable for me. Sending off to tech would be obstacle for me so understand those who haven't done.