KEF Blade 2

HI everyone - 

I may have a chance to audition a pair of KEF Blade 2 speakers.

Does anyone have any experience or comments about these?

I'm not really familiar with the KEF sound and currently have a pair of B&W 802D (first diamond generation)

Thanks in advance.....

onehorsepony

Congrats you just bought one of the very best. What gear are you going to use on the Blade2?

Thanks…can’t wait for them to be delivered tomorrow!  Once they’re set-up, they will be driven by:

-  (2) Audio Research D240 MKII s/s amps running in bridged-mode; good for 480 watts per channel

-  Audio Research LS7 tube line-stage 

-  Audio Research PH3 tube phono pre-amp

Sources are:

-  Ortofon Century Turntable w/Concorde Century cartridge

-  BlueSound Vault ripper and streamer

Nice setup. Have you tried your amps in stereo mode with each amp driving a speaker instead of mono?

I just rearranged my gear to see if I can get a Blade 2 into my space in the Livingroom. It seems I can. Now need to decide on which one, Blade2 or Blade2 META?

CODA #8 amp (#16 in the future) | Benchmark LA4 preamp | Benchmark DAC3B (maybe Mustec 005 DAC)

My friend had Kef Blade 2s and now is using brand new built Apogee Duetta speakers....that were built by someone in England.....they were about $15K delivered. There is only a few parts from an original pair in the build....new ribbons, new frame and new custom xover. I built my friend a new xover for his speaker.....you can see the pics on my site.....I will have updated pics showing all the latest mods soon. This Apogee speaker completely destroys the Kef Blade 2. I heard the Kefs in his room and I heard the Apogees there when I installed the new xovers.....Now, with the latest xover mods he says it is way better. You need some serious power to run the Apogees......even his 400 watts into 4 ohms amp is not enough......so he is considering getting the Parasound JC-1+ amps that can, for sure, drive his speakers to rock levels. I am sure the new Blade 2 meta will be an improvement......but they will never do what these planars do. I have never heard a better system than his. He now has updated the xover, did some serious grounding thangs and now added the new Eco-Flow inverter to power everything. I am going to drive to his house soon to hear this......goosebumps awaiting. This Ecoflow inverter can do 3500 watts and sounds way better than his Goal Zero inverter........You will he hearing things about this inverter system soon.....going to change how you all listen.....completely off the grid.....way better sound.

BTW, you can order the speakers without xover from the guy in England (might have to wait months and months) and I can build you the xover...since it is all figured out. If you are in Northern CA we can arrange a listening session at his house in Marin.......it will blow your mind.