McIntosh -- good for show, not for sound, says dealer

More unvarnished truth from YouTube.
"real audiophiles...know it doesn't sound that good"

https://youtu.be/sMUQqAagKm0?t=181

Real audiophiles -- be aware. You've been read the Riot Act. 

Discuss.

128x128hilde45

Only piece of Mac gear I ever owned was an MC240.

Sold it 25 years ago. Regret selling it to this day…

Hello  One & all  i want to say that i had a Mac Mvp Sacd /cd player retail new was  6K yes its face place is beautiful & thats all it never served me well always trouble with cds r very slow & so on  I called Mac they said it need a softwere update a re alinement lpng  befor Covid i would have a 4 mouth  + wait  min  2+ hours serrvice charge  at 165,00 dollars & very uncaring conversation   i could by a yamaha  player that would play for ever At 1/  5th the price  this is Mac at its best  B/S  & now to all the AG  know it all i have spoke with Mickey OCD HiFi he makes alot of sense  never try to sell me big brand name JUNK  Just Tells it like it is  AG seems to have a lot of pass Used car Sales men they all no whats best  my last post ? every AG pals Put Me Down for my miss spelling a lot of LOW BLOW Remarks  this sight no longer is about our common passion of audio its a small group with nothing better to do  Take a good look in the Mirror  GL USMC COMBAT  BRONZE  STAR  recipient maybe some of you remember 

@geleary123 Thanks for your service and sacrifice for our imperfect but already great country. IF i might suggest you send an email to Randy Vikan at Elite Audio Technician in Washington state. Expert in all things Mc repair related. He only works on Mc and Primeare. i trust him w my family heirloom MC240, etc. 

i think finding a totally invincible CD player is a unicorn myth, they all fail….eventually…i have a dead Marantz Pro boat anchor…but i guess that’s a different thread…

Best to you. Jim

Post removed 

Mr Mike you'll notice I give almost as good as I get. BUT I never met a person I didn't like. Some of the things they do is a different story. I'm no different. That speaker is the last place a dog I had for 16 years loved to hang out. Toy Fox Terrier his favorite spot the Sub section.. I never had the heart to finish the thing. 6 years now. Maybe next year..

My early years with Holt (CAT), Deere, Maxim Crain, Drilling rigs in the gulf (water welder) Pile Driving, mining, tunnel work then foundational drilling, Tieback machines. Klemm Bohrtechnik (German). Where is that Roller and a chauffeur my hands hurt, thinking about it. :-)

There was a reason for me and Mac. My Dad was a WE, Mcintosh, JBL, Thoren guy.

Ask me if I would buy any new gear? I am looking for a second Cary V12R in red though. How old is that? It is my favorite amp of all time.. Dodd did some nifty stuff too.. Mac is Mac. It's like John Deere or Liebherr to me.. :-) I know very little about their newer stuff.  I just got rid of a pickup load of Thoren, Dual, and Empire TTs 25 pieces. I'm downsizing. Yes I kept my original Zero 100s. No I didn't pay for it. It was a gift. Works perfect. I'm a mechanic it takes one to keep it tuned up.. LOL What a pretty pile of crap.

I like ugly girls too. Ugly guys too, come to think of it. I like dogs better than both.