The choice of a discrete op amp to replace the op amp chip.

Hello friends. This one is for those who want to experiment with their audio devices. I wanted to try to listen to different op amps at the output in my DAC. Initially, the manufacturer installed the Muses 8920 chip. A completely dead product. Next up were NJR MUSES03. They were not happy for a long time. Then I started listening to discrete op-amps. It became more interesting. Listened to Burson V6 vivid Bright, detailed, not much tired. There were also Sonic Imagery Labs. Liked these. And then I got to Sparko's Labs Dual Discrete Op Amp SS3602. I received them and thought: how tiny, what to expect from them? From the first hour of listening I fell in love with this sound. Perhaps the next one will be even better.

serg692011

Burson Audio out of Australia make some excellent discreet op amp replacements. 

Supreme Sound Opamp V6 - Burson Audio

I've used a few over the years in various components with excellent results. they are much larger than a chip op-amp though so check if you have room, but they do have extension cables for them so you can orient them differently. 

Yes, I suppose it depends on the surrounding system what sounds best. You preferred the Sparkos, as did a friend of mine. I tried both Sparkos and Sonic Imagery and preferred the latter. I thought it was more neutral sounding. Different systems, different ears, and so on.

But I thought both Sparkos and Sonic Imagery were very good.