A Suggestion Regarding Removal Of Posts

Three suggestions for providing greater transparency in why certain actions are taken. 

When a post is removed from a thread it now reads "Post Removed" followed by the date.  I suggest it should include who the poster was and the reason why the post was removed.

A thread could be terminated, but not removed.  The moderates should be able to stop any new posts from being added to a thread, but the thread should be available for viewing and archived.

Lastly, give the starter of a thread and only the starter the option of removing posts from that thread because they are "Off Topic".  The OP can help by stating right at the start what they consider "Off Topic".  The person who posted the "Off Topic" post can be given the option of staring a new thread.

Just a few thoughts with the intent of making Audiogon More Friendly Again!

128x128onhwy61

I don’t see anything wrong with the present system, it is a free forum, leave it be. If I remove my post within a thread it is no one’s business but mine why I deleted it. I do not owe anyone an explanation. 

Don’t go political. it’s not a political discussion.

As for change or the asking of it. Demanding a given status quo remain/exist is just as violent as asking for change. There is litterally no difference in one position or the other when it comes to the idea of argument. change vs no change is just a set of bookends and one does not necessarily outweigh the other... That...push and pull or even locking down, will always be part of an argument or discussion. It can't possibly be any other way  - it has no political orientation.

As for deleting a post on your own, sure go ahead. no problemo, here. it’s when moderation removes a post, with out sending it back to the person who might have put considerable effort into putting together a quality argument.

@teo_audio,

My post wasn’t really political, but I changed it so there would be no other complaints. 

yeah, ok, no problem.

but I spent time making my pretty little bit of words and I want to leave them now, so I can bask in my own glory. So I will. :P

Anyone got any sun tan lotion and sunglasses? It's really bright out here...