A Suggestion Regarding Removal Of Posts

Three suggestions for providing greater transparency in why certain actions are taken. 

When a post is removed from a thread it now reads "Post Removed" followed by the date.  I suggest it should include who the poster was and the reason why the post was removed.

A thread could be terminated, but not removed.  The moderates should be able to stop any new posts from being added to a thread, but the thread should be available for viewing and archived.

Lastly, give the starter of a thread and only the starter the option of removing posts from that thread because they are "Off Topic".  The OP can help by stating right at the start what they consider "Off Topic".  The person who posted the "Off Topic" post can be given the option of staring a new thread.

Just a few thoughts with the intent of making Audiogon More Friendly Again!

128x128onhwy61

Most times I am especially pissed, deeply pissed, if i had bothered to post in the given thread.

Sometimes it takes a few hours of my time to put together a decent, well reasoned response to something I perceive to be off balance, or whatnot..and then the post is removed and/or the thread is removed.

If removing a post, have the human decency to send the offending post to the person who had their post removed. Yes, there are audio forums which do exactly that.

Or, as stated LEAVE THE (given locked) THREAD and don’t delete it. It’s a deeply offensive version of cancel culture and it probably angers most people here, the people who bother to post and share/debate in the given threads.

Talk about shooting your own forum in the ass.....

The sad thing is, when this site had it's update with all the new features, old deleted threads were still accessible for those who participated in them. I found that out and  was pleasantly surprised to see that. 

All one had to do was go to their own posts (under their name) and click on it and the entire thread came up. I used that feature to my advantage when some jerks were acting up and I referenced some items from the deleted post to set things straight. Nothing like being able to quote and reference stupid posts and the timelines involved. 

My only mistake was mentioning it and it wasn't long before deleted threads were again, off limits. I really wish that that feature was still available as it would go a long way towards keeping the peace. Too many here seem to rely on a censored past.

All the best,
Nonoise

I don’t see anything wrong with the present system, it is a free forum, leave it be. If I remove my post within a thread it is no one’s business but mine why I deleted it. I do not owe anyone an explanation.