Those who seek to deny access to information

Like many/most here, one of the main reasons I frequent audiogon is to gather information. I am looking for ways to enhance the enjoyment I get from listening to music on my system. The information most valuable to me comes from those who share their actual experience with products that I am interested in, but have not heard in my system.

The audio community is a diverse one, with many opinions, ideas and perspectives. Many of them differ from mine, and that is fine. Those who disagree with me are free to make posts and start threads about whatever they choose. This doesn’t bother me, I am free to choose what I read, and what I don’t.

What does rile me up up is deliberate attempts to deny me (and others) access to the information that I value. There are some here who repeatedly seek to disrupt, sidetrack, derail, and shut down conversations about topics and products that trigger them. They do not contribute any useful information or experience to the discussion, and make disparaging comments about things they have zero experience with. They are bullies who mock, ridicule and provoke those who use, make and sell certain products. They seek to stifle any discussions about, and especially positive opinions of, the products and people they clearly have a vendetta against.

They can start their own threads, and talk about what a fool I am all day long, I don’t care. Their deliberate and repeated attempts to deny myself and others access to the information we value, however, are intolerable.

tommylion

@larry5729 I think it would be helpful if Audiogon identified members as vendors/retailers beside their name.

This is unnecessary and anyway would be a tremendous burden on AG.

I just take it as a presumption that anyone and everyone who provides some testimonial (or who objects to any criticism) has some financial interest in promoting the tweak or tweaks in general..

Presumptions may be rebutted by context or by the person demonstrating some meaningful technical knowledge of the product other than what colour it is, that it is a game changer and the terms of sale.

Be nice if discussions were threaded. Not a cure-all, but would be helpful.

“Exactly how does anyone on this site "deny access to information" to another poster?”

How does cancel culture work? By incessantly making provocative posts on threads that express opinions they disagree with, in order to stir up controversy and disrupt or get them shut down. By creating a toxic environment in which others are reluctant to share experiences and express opinions they disapprove of. They do this under the guise of merely expressing their own opinion.