Those who seek to deny access to information

Like many/most here, one of the main reasons I frequent audiogon is to gather information. I am looking for ways to enhance the enjoyment I get from listening to music on my system. The information most valuable to me comes from those who share their actual experience with products that I am interested in, but have not heard in my system.

The audio community is a diverse one, with many opinions, ideas and perspectives. Many of them differ from mine, and that is fine. Those who disagree with me are free to make posts and start threads about whatever they choose. This doesn’t bother me, I am free to choose what I read, and what I don’t.

What does rile me up up is deliberate attempts to deny me (and others) access to the information that I value. There are some here who repeatedly seek to disrupt, sidetrack, derail, and shut down conversations about topics and products that trigger them. They do not contribute any useful information or experience to the discussion, and make disparaging comments about things they have zero experience with. They are bullies who mock, ridicule and provoke those who use, make and sell certain products. They seek to stifle any discussions about, and especially positive opinions of, the products and people they clearly have a vendetta against.

They can start their own threads, and talk about what a fool I am all day long, I don’t care. Their deliberate and repeated attempts to deny myself and others access to the information we value, however, are intolerable.

tommylion

No pal your memory is faulty

It is not. Pretty sure.

And you call "ridiculed" me calling you Dow Jones? I did not realize that. I thought you liked it. Remember when we discussed the stock market and the Dow Jones Industrials going through the roof? If you were offended, I won't call you that again. And I apologize (unless you like it?)

@thyname 

Reading your ‘Posts’ sure does remind me of one of Catherine Tate’s characterisations from her show.

What’s wrong with lamp cord?

Is this a joke?

I think some of us are just on completely different playing fields.

For a person that has a “god inspired” moniker of a user name, you do not convey the loving side that we often hear about.

I think “audio-gone” describes things when there is little audio talk, and mostly it is your vexation with wires, vexation with who is given a timeout, etc.
(It’s just about every gossip piece, and little that is audio related.)

I am not sure you are experienced to speak on lamp cord if you have not used the product? You should only comment on what you have personally heard.

If we can get one factual post or measurement with a cable or fuse, that would do a lot more to convince me than a hundred people spruiking the latest thing that appears like it could be complete none-sense.

If you @thyname have a short attention span I can highlight the parts of the OP’s post for you to pay attention to:

Like many/most here, one of the main reasons I frequent audiogon is to gather information. I am looking for ways to enhance the enjoyment I get from listening to music on my system. The information most valuable to me comes from those who share their actual experience with products that I am interested in, but have not heard in my system.

The audio community is a diverse one, with many opinions, ideas and perspectives. Many of them differ from mine, and that is fine. Those who disagree with me are free to make posts and start threads about whatever they choose. This doesn’t bother me, I am free to choose what I read, and what I don’t.

What does rile me up up is deliberate attempts to deny me (and others) access to the information that I value. There are some here who repeatedly seek to disrupt, sidetrack, derail, and shut down conversations about topics and products that trigger them. They do not contribute any useful information or experience to the discussion, and make disparaging comments about things they have zero experience with. They are bullies who mock, ridicule and provoke those who use, make and sell certain products. They seek to stifle any discussions about, and especially positive opinions of, the products and people they clearly have a vendetta against.

They can start their own threads, and talk about what a fool I am all day long, I don’t care. Their deliberate and repeated attempts to deny myself and others access to the information we value, however, are intolerable.

I honestly did not see the point of the OP’s post, but you‘ve done a good job of assisting me on the derailing side.

I think all forums have their way of getting under ones skin. I used to frequent the PS Audio forums and it too used to be much more informative then what it is now...

There seems to be a obsession with the members of worshiping this guy named Al who has a few rabbits as pets... and his constant reminder to all of just how much money he can throw/spend on this hobby. Its to the point now that any interest in that forum would only be to the benefit of boosting poor Al’s ego... for some sort of imagined brownie point system. Sickening really...