Best ARC Solid State power to match ARC Ref 5 Pre

What is the best solid state audio research power amplifier to go with the ARC Reference 5 preamplifier.
Looking for something as smooth as their tube power amps with lots of grunt. Even the older generations ARC Solid states are fine, looking for a good synergy for my Wilson Sophias..

Thanks
rapogee
Bifwynne, I agree there are many other brands of amplifiers that are very good. I currently own amplifiers from several different manufacturers, but the OP specifically asked for recommendations from Audio Research. I also agree with you regarding system synergy, but there is more to it than just matching speakers and amplifiers. I believe matching preamp and amplifier is just as important and Audio Research is one of those brands that seems to work best together.
Rrog, I couldn't have said it better!! That is why I tried to respond to the OP with the same thoughts you just expressed, namely offer some ARC amp recommendations and observations, particularly mentioning the possibility of ARC tube amps. Further, I also agree that system synergy is an important consideration.

Finally, I couldn't help myself with respect to responding to the post which discussed interpreting and making purchase decisions based on electronic specs. I freely admit that I am NOT an electronics techie, but I have learned alot from A'gon members who are. And one thing I learned is that amp designers take a lot of factors into consideration, like the use of negative feedback, distortion, slew rate, rise time and so forth, when designing equipment. So . . . IMHO, if one is looking to buy electronics gear, I DO recommend that he/she should stick with good to excellent quality stuff from companies with good reputations (like ARC, among many many others), audition it if possible, and most importantly, make sure it will do a good job driving the speakers.

Sorry to wax philosphical again, but as I said above, when I read the various threads here and elsewhere, I find it difficult to apply advice and recommendations about gear that seems to be someone's favorite stuff when it may be impossible to even audition it, least of all understand the specs. JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.